Champions League Final 2019 – Preview and Predictions

Champions League FinalFor the first time since 2008 two English sides are going to feature in the Champions League Final. England are destined to conquer Europe!

The question of everyone’s lips is will Tottenham win the trophy for the first time or will Liverpool win a sixth European title?

The Champions League final will be shown live on BT Sport, and can be listened to live on BBC Radio 5 live and the BBC Sport website or alternatively you can listen to the commentary live via a number of bookmakers audio channels.

The BBC’s football expert Mark Lawrenson has made predictions for every Premier League game, FA Cup tie and the Europa League final this season. You read about his prediction for the competition between Europe’s elite club competition over on the BBC’s website.

He predicts that Saturday’s match between Tottenham and Liverpool will end in a 1-2 win for The Reds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48388620
Liverpool played in the final last year and got pipped at the post by Real Madrid, who had won the competition in three of the previous four seasons. No disrespect to Spurs, but Liverpool need to be winning this game, The Reds have has an absolutely outstanding season and have nothing to show for it. This European Final will be hugely important them as this their last chance to win some silverware.

According to the stats, Liverpool have a 70% chance of winning the final. With Spurs gaving just a 30% chance of lifting that trophy.

Both teams had exhilarating comebacks in the semi-finals. Liverpool beat Bayern Munich 3-1 in Germany after a 0-0 draw at Anfield

Spurs have lost lots of games this season – 19 compared to seven by Liverpool – but they have made it to the final despite having to get past Manchester City in the quarter-finals and fighting back against Ajax too. However they made it to the final and have everything to fight for if they want to get that trophy for the first time.

Tottenham’s first piece of bad luck this season was landing in a group with Inter Milan, Barcelona and PSV Eindhoven.

At that point they had a 74% chance of progress but defeats by Inter and Barcelona and a draw at PSV left them at 15%, needing at least two wins and a draw, and Inter’s results to go their way too.

Cue Harry Kane’s 89th-minute winner against Eindhoven and a late goal from Lucas Moura (more on him later) in the Nou Camp and it was glory, glory Tottenham Hotspur.

They have performed in adversity, so they could play well on Saturday, which is exactly what Tottenham fan Jack Savidge from Friendly Fires thinks they will do, he’s predicted a 3-1 win for Spurs.

When it comes to betting on the match, Spurs and Liverpool are being bet on equally to win. I guess that some emotional fans are backing their own side to win. With a small number of punters backing the draw.

When it comes to form Liverpool have won 4 of their last five matches but Spurs haven’t done so well, winning only 1 of the last five games they have played.

Liverpool are 10/11 to win, Spurs 17/5 and the draw is 13/5.

A 1-2 win for Liverpool is 15/2 and the 3-1 win for Spurs is 33/1.

These odds were found at bet365, our favourite bookie to bet on Champions League matches.

These odd were correct at the time of publishing on the 31st May 2019